Sunday, February 9, 2014

Relax Relate Release

80's babies may recall the hilarious A Different World episode when Whitley Gilbert repeated the mantra “Relax Relate Release” with her exaggerated squeaky southern accent. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--tNww66FEs) Nearly two decades later the mantra not only brings a smile to my face but a reminder to my mind to slow down and do exactly that: Relax. Relate. Release.
 
As a young woman crossing over into true adulthood I find myself faced with old issues and new challenges. I have a to-do list a mile long and if anyone asks I would defend each point with great emotion and resolve: If I don’t do it, who will? That’s my thought pattern on many things. In fact I find that I think about so many things and that often leads me back to the corner of Relax, Relate, and Release.
 
For however long it takes I hope to uncover the power of this mantra and encourage others to join me in my RRR journey. This blog is a form of therapy for me, as often I will be writing to myself. But I welcome you to examine your experiences against my own and offer your valuable perspective.

Today’s RRR:
 
Relax= My expectations; just for today.
Relate = To the people around me hoping for a breakthrough!
Release= My hope for "True Love"  & "Purpose" into the management of God
 

No comments:

Post a Comment